“I can’t deal with this back pain any longer.” That’s what you tell yourself after years of discomfort and a life you don’t particularly enjoy. So you finally decide it’s time to do something about it. You call your local chiropractor and make an appointment without really knowing what to expect. Sure, chiropractic centers revolve around alleviating pain. But how will the chiropractor handle your situation? Will the treatment be painful? Keep reading as we explain what happens when you visit a chiropractor for the first time.
- Clinical exam – Expect the in-office clinical exam to be extensive and include the following three areas:
- Patient history and symptoms – When and how did the pain start? Did it begin as a result of an injury? What activities worsen the pain? These are all questions you should expect to answer in this part of the exam. A wellness center will also inquire about family medical history, pre-existing medical conditions, as well as current health providers/treatments.
- Chiropractic exam – At this stage, your chiropractor will perform tests such as blood pressure, respiration, reflexes, etc. They will also want to assess a range of motion, muscle strength, and neurological integrity.
- Diagnostic studies – In some instances, a chiropractic clinic will want to conduct diagnostic studies that may reveal pathologies and identify any structural abnormalities. Doing so allows the staff to more accurately diagnose a condition.
- Patient diagnosis – The aforementioned above leads to a specific diagnosis. Expect your chiropractor to not only explain the condition but also develop an individualized treatment plan. With chiropractic, there is no cookie-cutter approach. Just because millions of people have back pain doesn’t mean all of them receive the same treatment. Remember that the goal of a chiropractic adjustment is to restore the body to its natural state of optimal health. Your rehabilitation center may also go so far as to recommend a set length of chiropractic care.
- Chiropractic treatment – Now it’s time to get you back to feeling your best. Chiropractic treatment may consist of any of the following:
- Adjustments to joint dysfunctions
- Modalities to improve soft tissue healing and pain control
- Strengthening exercises to improve muscle balance, strength, and coordination
Ultimately, a chiropractor’s focus is to remove whatever is interfering with the body’s natural healing ability. Here at Gateway Rehab & Wellness Center, we take a whole-body approach to overall health. Our local chiropractic team works in unison to get you back to that previously active lifestyle. We are proud to offer the following services:
- Stem cell therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Physical therapy
- Spinal decompression
- Trigger point injections
- Sports injury rehab
- Massage therapy
- Physical medicine
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Going to a chiropractor for the first time can be unnerving. At Gateway Rehab & Wellness Center, we make the entire experience comfortable and affordable. When you step into our office for an initial consultation, our mission becomes implementing a wellness program that’s tailored to your needs.
Don’t let that pain continue to worsen and control your day-to-day activities. Call us now to book your appointment.